BNI Safety I/O module
Safe signal acquisition and communication
The Safety Hub links automation and safety technology for the first time via IO-Link. This new I/O module is merely linked to the IO-Link Master. Because the system is open toward the system level, you can connect nearly any safety device.
By connecting the automation and safety technology, machine protection in one system is accomplished. This is because IO-Link supplies both sensor/actuator details and secure information. With Safety over IO-Link, you use the best of both worlds. And the integration of safety technology becomes easier than ever before.
The parameterization is done centrally via the controller. Safety-related information is sent directly through the master to the controller. Using Profisafe via Profinet guarantees secure communication with the controller.
- Infrastructure for automation and safety technology up to PLe / SIL3 via IO-Link
- Low maintenance costs in case of service thanks to comprehensive diagnostics and easy device replacement
- Lower costs by using uniform M12 single-ended cordsets
- Reduction of the required IP addresses
- Standardized wiring concept, reliable guard locking devices can be connected directly
- Nearly any safety device can be connected